This is just a quick update post to prove that miracles really CAN happen on Mondays. I know, I didn’t believe it either. Until yesterday.
Well it was 3:30, half an hour before work and my phone shows a phone call from 312 area code – which is Chicago’s area code. I was excited in case it was that tech job I applied for back in February.
Here’s NVISIA’s timeline with me:
1. In late January I update my Linked In profile and resume by hiring a professional writer. Expensive? Yes! 500 for the resume and 200 for the Linked In profile (my mom got me the Linked In for Christmas).
2. Early February I got an email from Jamie in NVISIA, an outrageously nice HR lady, saying she’s interested and wants to talk.
3. Late Feb we do a phone interview, she seems happy.
4. March 16th I have a downtown interview. Meet Jamie and two other uber nice people too.
5. Follow up with them a few weeks later, she says they want me to meet the President, but he’s been traveling too much lately for a time.
6. Few weeks later I follow up again, day after my Birthday, she says the position is closed for now, check in within a month. I am very sad.
7. Early last week I called again to see if it was open. She sounded embarrassed to say she didn’t know.
8. Last night I got a call around 3:30 from her. Voice mail said she had “phenomenal” news for me. Call her back at 4:00 when I get off work. And now she said that tomorrow (today) she wants me to interview the President!! Which means the position is open again!
It’s been a long roller coaster ride, but I feel like this is the last hill to climb before I descend into victory of a new job. I love this place already. Everyone is just so energetic and nice. Such the change that I need right now because ITU’s negative attitude is really bringing me down. And oh yeah, more money would be nice too. But it really is about the change.
I’ve been at ITU 3 years now. It was a great entry level job so I’m not complaining too much. The guys are just jerks there.
I’m not going to get too cocky, because I don’t know for certain if I have it until I hold the acceptance letter in my hand…but I’m pretty damn excited!
I’ll post via Twitter how it goes 🙂
Thanks for all your support guys! You helped me survive ITU hehe.