This weekend I vow to edit, edit, edit, edit! Aside from eating and maybe some sleeping, I plan on finishing draft three as it’s been mocking me for two months now. It’s no secret I hate draft three.
Draft three for me is brutal. Draft two is okay but not as much fun as the writing. After I finish a manuscript, I then print it out and scribble on the page what’s crap about it. That’s draft two. Draft three is converting those scribbles into the computer to make my MS better. Draft four is sending the book to the editor.
And after my lovely British editor Steff at @ukeditor gets her hands on it, I’ll look it over one more time and then send it on it’s merry way to the world of digital bookshelves.
I have never ventured on the scary kingdom of electronic bookshelves, and frankly, I’m rather scared of them. But I imagine they’re simple enough. I’m kind of thinking of Lulu, but IDK, I hear some issues with Lulu too. So no idea what to do lol. But I’ll worry about that later.
This weekend I worry about draft three. And so, to end it’s cruel mocking, I shall finish it.
I will be mocked no more!
Am I loosing sanity? Most likely yes 🙂
But you won’t hear from me for a while.
Because I vow:
1. I will not go on Twitter until draft three is done
2. I will not write new material until draft three is done
3. I will not watch Torchwood, itunes, netflix or stupid youtube videos
4. I will not go on Facebook, which makes me sad for my #BNFF’s
5. I will not play Sims 3 / Luxor 3
6. I will not nap just so I don’t have to edit
7. I will not call people so I can talk instead of edit
8. I will finish draft three 🙂 Or at least get as close as humanly possible to finishing draft three by Monday the 15th of August, 2011.
So that’s it! Hopefully I can do it. We shall see who mocks whom soon enough!!
So then, I guesss….onwards?