As 13 Going on 30 is one of my favorite Rom-Com’s of all time, I decided I couldn’t resist a play-off post when my thirtieth birthday arrived today.
I usually think my birthday is neat because it’s tax day, the day Abe Lincoln was shot, and the ice-ing on the cake…day the Titanic hit the iceberg. This year, I think it’s neat (or rather, absolutely dreadful) that I am turning 30. I had my proper freak-out last week and this week, despite the pounding migraine from all this crazy weather, I decided I’m going to rock it.
So here we go. Here is the list of my lessons to me by me. Feel free to add your own life lessons / morals in the comments. I LOVE hearing new lessons and inspiration!
- It’s going to be okay.
- No really, it is. It really, truly, honestly is going to be okay.
- You can’t change, predict or control a lot of things, and that’s okay.
- Telling yourself it is okay enough times, sometimes actually makes it so.
- You got this.
- Just because the future is uncertain, doesn’t mean it is over.
- Not everyone makes it to thirty, so be glad you did. Every day is a gift.
- Plan ahead. Even if just a little bit.
- Budget and diet are not such bad words to consider in your daily routine.
- Coffee is your best friend.
- You are a writer. Don’t be ashamed of it. Don’t worry that you’ll never be normal again. Because let’s face it, you were never normal to begin with, and that’s okay.
- It’s REALLY going to be okay. Trust in the Universe.
- Every person might not be nice, but every person is important. Treat each person with kind thoughts. Including you.
So that’s it for today. There are totally more lessons, sometimes I learn a new lesson every day. But like the title of the movie, I am sticking to 13.
Have you learned anything about yourself this year? This year I am totally going to pay attention to my Self (that is capital S), and not keep forgetting about myself as I am busy helping others. And not let these dang migraines slow me down so much!!!!