It’s been a crazy month at the end of April, which I’ll post about sometime this week.
But today I was excited to try a new flavor of coffee. It’s always fun to start the week off right with a new flavor. Now I’m not sure how long these have been out, I didn’t even know that Krispy Kreme made K-Cups!
I brought the “Smooth” blend at Bed, Bath Beyond so it made it even more delicious to have a 20% off coupon.
To be honest though, I’m glad it was on sale with the coupon because it left a little bit of a flat taste. It tasted like diner coffee. Good diner coffee, but diner coffee none-of-the-less.
Here’s the break down so you can decide if this is a k-cup worth trying, because it’s not all bad:
1. Aroma: Nothing is more satisfying than a coffee with a great aroma. It really sets up the pallet for expectations. Unfortunately, I’d only give this blend a 2 out of 5 stars for aroma. It smelled like Dunkin Donuts coffee. So if you like Dunkin, you might give it a higher rating than I did.
2. Body Color: As the name suggests, it has a smooth brown body color. Not too dark, not too light. 4 out of 5 stars.
3. Dark or Light: This flavor was somewhere in the middle. It’d be great for a second cup of coffee. Because I always need my first cup the strongest. Or it’d be great for the afternoon.
4. Flavor Tones: I didn’t really get a hint of any flavor like berry or “Earthy”. It just kind of tastes a bit flat. 2 out of 5 stars.
5. Paired with: Might be good with something sweet to give the coffee a bit more flavor. Would stay away from nuts and go more fruit.
6. Overall: I’m not sure I would buy it again, but I’m glad I tried it. Especially with a coupon! But Krispy Kreme making K-Cups is pretty cool! Hope they come out with even more flavors.
So have you tried any new coffee lately? What do you look for in the perfect cup of Joe? Share below!